Surety Bonds

To Become an Authorized Pool/Association

If you wish to have your pool approved by this Department, Submit The Following Documents To :

Department of the Treasury - FMS
Surety Bond Branch
3700 East West Highway, Rm. 6F07
Hyattsville, MD 20782

  1. A description of the operations of the pool and how it is organized under the law (i.e. liability - joint or several, servicing carriers, etc.);
  2. Name and address of the manager of the pool;
  3. Anticipated life of the pool;
  4. State whether it is a voluntary or mandatory pool (i.e. are cos. required to participate);
  5. Submit an independent loss reserve certification;
  6. Using the form provided by this Department, provide a breakdown of the percentage of participation of each of the Treasury authorized companies listed. See forms.

   Last Updated:  March 14, 2014